Going from working full time and 'bringing home the bacon' to a SAHM raising our two kiddos has been an adjustment to say the least. I do love the opportunity and I am so blessed to be able to be with my boys while they are so young. But, with this adjusting comes some more worries. Instead of worrying about how many phone messages and emails I will have to answer in the morning when I get to work I now worry about putting together all three meals for us everyday and instead of worrying about the budget for a whole daycare I am FREAKING out about how to budget our money with one income.
I have been asking friends who are also stay at home moms the same questions and searching the internet for effective budgeting, etc. and I think eventually we will get there. I found this site tonight:
These are some ways I have come up with watching where our money goes so far:
1. making a menu before I go grocery shopping
2. buying generic when possible
3. planning at least one meatless meal a week (I have kind of strayed away from this but plan on doing it again)
Things I want to try:
1. making homemade cleaners and detergent
2. finding an effective and less time consuming way to keep track of our spending
If anyone has some more ideas or suggestions please drop a comment!