Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rhubarb Cake

I was gifted a large bag of rhubarb, I was excited the first bag of the season!  I chopped and froze several cups of rhubarb but wanted to use some right away AND wanted a new recipe.  When I mentioned to my mom wanting to make something using the rhubarb she recalled my aunt's recipe for rhubarb cake....I started digging into my recipe box and I found the recipe she was talking about!  I have no idea where the original recipe came from so if it's yours way to go because it is yummy and super EASY!  We actually ate some for breakfast.

Rhubarb Cake
Roughly 2-3 cups of chopped rhubarb, enough to layer the bottom of a 9x13
1 boxed white cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup hot water

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  I buttered my 9x13 pan and layered the chopped rhubarb on the bottom.  Sprinkle the white cake mix over the top of the rhubarb.

 (this is a pic from underneath)
Drizzle melted butter then water over the top of rhubarb and cake mix.  



Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.  Check the center of the cake by inserting a toothpick until it comes out clean.
* Next time I will stir in those little peaks of dry cake mix that didn't get hit with the melted butter and water, they left a bit of dry cake mix after it was baked.

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture before we dug in.

No comments:

Post a Comment