Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Menu

That's right I made a menu for the entire month!!!  Plus did a HUGE shopping trip and I will only have to go to the store to get fresh produce and dairy - I did buy some produce for the month and already chopped it and froze it for upcoming meals.  I am excited about my planning, and it makes me much more comfortable when counting down the weeks/days until baby arrives.  Here you go...I do have a few days to fill in but I figure there will be a couple of eating out nights and that would move those meals later into the month so it all works out.

1 - Chicken Enchiladas (already made and in the freezer, here is the recipe)
2 - Leftovers
3 - Slow Cooker Pulled Pork w/ BBQ (similar to what Kerry at What Am I Cooking?, check it out)
4 - Shredded Pork Tacos
5 - Homemade Chicken Nuggets
6 - Ham
7 - Salsa, Beans and Rice Quesadillas (Meatless Monday)
8 - Leftovers
9 - Sausage and Peppers
10 - Taco Soup
11 - Beef Stir Fry
12 - 'Dressed Up' Rice a Roni (using a box of Chicken Rice a Roni I add cut up chicken, carrots and peas)
13 - Pine Nut Chicken Parmesan
14 - Cheesy Rigatoni (Meatless Monday)
15 - Leftovers
16 - Meatloaf
17 - Chicken Salad
18 - Pizza
19 - Saloman
20 - Out
21 - Fried Rice (Meatless Monday)
22 - Lemony Garlic Chicken Thighs
23 - Leftovers
24 - Chicken Pot Pie
25 - Sloppy Joes
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -

Some Sweets for the Month:
Fruit Turnovers (another freezer friendly recipe)
Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
Bran Muffins (this makes a huge recipe and you can keep the mix in your fridge for up to 6 weeks and make them as you want/need)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebekkah! I like your monthly plan and stopped by about your comment at What Am I Cooking! How do you do your BBQ pork? Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vicki (thanks for stopping by)- my bbq pork is super simple, the way I like things. If I am making the whole pork shoulder bbq. I just put the shoulder in the slow cooker in the morning with about 1-2 Tablespoon of veg. oil and our favorite bbq sauce, that's it - let it cook all day. It will just fall apart or you can shred it with a couple of forks.

    ReplyDelete