Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Gifts

I was unable to post this gift because I didn't want it to be spoiled but here is a homemade gift that we gave to Grandma's and Grandpa's:  Michel's had a sale of 40% off the clear glass ball ornaments that you can put items in so I picked up a set of 4 and then Noah and I went through the sticker isle and our stickers at home.  Levi and Noah both had two ornaments (two sets of grandparents).  We picked out stickers that related to events in the last year. 
Noah had:  preschool sticker, spiderman (costume for Halloween), dinosaur (we went see dinosaurs at The Field Museum in Chicago with one set of Grandparents),  a Zoo sticker for the other Grandparents, Lego block because he had a Lego themed birthday, etc.  You get the idea.
Levi had:  'It's a Boy' stickers, toy stickers, some stars, etc. 
I attached a green ribbon for the stop and strung a paper tag with '2011' and a printed wallet size pics of both of them, glued the pictures back to back and strung them on the ribbon as well.  I should mention that if I couldn't get the sticky off the back of the sticker I just covered it with colorful cardstock.  I added 'snow' confetti to the ornaments as well so everything wouldn't just sit at the bottom.  I also realize that I don't have a pic of the finish project, oh well at least I got them done.  And I really liked the way they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment