Aprons I have made, super easy.
1. Start out with 2 dish towels. Choose 1 towel as the apron bod and the other towel as the pockets, ties and neck strap.
1. Lay the towel out long way. At the top corners measure in 4 1/2". Make a mark. Now measure down the side 11" and make a mark. Draw a line between the two dots and cut of the corners on this line.
2. Press this raw edge under 1/4", then another 1/4". Topstich.
1. Cut in half lenthwise. Cut 3 lengthwise strips 3" wide.
Make 3 Straps
1. Fold each 3" strip in half lengthwise, wrong sides together. Press. Fold raw edges in toward the pressed line. Fold in half. Topstitch along both long edges.
2. Sew one strap to each side at waist. (to reduce bulk at the waist seam, cut off the hemmed edge and stitch across the end to secure it before sewing.)
1. Pin strap to apron top and try it on. Decide how log you need to make it so your head will go through the opening. (approx. 21")
2. Cut the hemmed end off the strip. Cut the strip the lenght you need. Stitch across ends to secure ends. Sew to top two corners of the apron.
1. Cut off hem on short ends of pocket piece.
2. Lay pocket piece across the apron to measure width put 1". Cut off excess.
3. The hem on the long side of the towel is the top of the pocket. Turn both sides of pocket under 1/2" and press.
4. Attach pocket: with right sides togeth, place the cut edge of the pocket toward the top of the apron and 2 1/2" up from the bottom of the apron. Stitch to apron. Flip the pocket up and press.
5. Divide pocket into thirds. Topstitch pocket along both sides and bottom and along the lines that divide it into thirds.
**Directions and idea from my mother-in-law who works at Roelofs Store, Sioux Center, Iowa.